20 Jan 2012

Alicia Keys

Alicia Keys is one of those singers who can sing with such an amizing voice! She was born and bred in New York's Hell's Kitchen. She started studying music when she was seven. She was discovered by a manager at the age of fourteen and then she performed anywhere and everywhere from tiny clubs to street corners. She finally debuted in 2003. Her eclectic education and early life lessons inspired her musical hybrid of soul, hip-hop, jazz and classical.

There are many songs I like by Alicia Keys such as "Try sleeping with a broken heart", "Love is my disease" or "Doesn't it mean anything".

However, I want to show you her song Empire State of Mind, which she sings with Jay-Z, since the music video is really awesome, full of New York images!


You can check the lyrics on this doc (the rapper part is very difficult), but don't miss the video!

I was lucky enough to visit this wonderful city last summer and I must say I loved it. It's pretty much what you see in films. However, being there was absolutely amazing, especially seeing the lights at night.
If you're planning on visiting New York, I know a blog which can help you with your visit http://www.la5thconbleeckerst.com/ (It's in Spanish, I'm afraid).

Have you ever been to New York?
Would you like to go?

1 comment:

  1. No I haven't been to New York.
    I wouldn't like to go because is not an interesting city for me. I prefer ancient cities such as Florence, Rome or París... New York is a very modern city indeed and I think that it's very difficult to live there because the distances are longer than usual.

    M José G.

    ReplyDelete