25 Jun 2013

10 Things I loved this Academic Year


  1. Having fun with my advanced students. You've been such a challenging group. I loved it. 

  2. Listening to my elementary students (A2 level) pronouncing the '-ed' past perfectly. The angels sound for English teachers. 

  3. Teaching a reduced group of non-English teachers to help them teach their subject in English in the future. A new experience. It's always fun to try new things.

  4. Working with Tom, our language assistant. We made a bit of fun of his Manchester accent, but it was great to have him. 

  5. Watching adults having fun with board games, despite what some teachers may think. In our sort of non-compulsory education it's very important to motivate our students so they come to the next class. Besides, those games are pretty useful to practise the foreign language. 

  6. Learning new things. I like teaching but I love learning and teaching advanced 2 is perfect for improving your knowledge.

  7. Getting to know about school management, since I've been in the directing board this year. I got a hint of how things work from the inside. 

  8. Seeing how the blog grows and knowing that my students find it useful. There's a lot of time into it and it's rewarding to know that it's useful. 

  9. Receiving nice comments from my students, telling me how much they'll miss me, since I'm moving to a new EOI school next year. It's great to know that students are happy with you and your work. It seems I'm doing things well. 

  10. All in all, getting to love my job one more year. Now it's time for the summer to start; time to relax, enjoy my free time with friends and family and recharge my batteries for the new year. Have a lovely summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment